Africa Motocycle Tours
frica – a fascinating Continent! Africa can be divided into three big regions:
- The northern Arabic region with it’s amazing deserts, including the Sahara, and it’s ancient culture.
- The black African region which is mostly tropical and subtropical. It fascinates with it’s diverse landscapes, fauna and flora.
- The southern region which is dominated by European immigrants. It’s stunning landscapes and immense deserts make it a very attractive area.
Motorcycle tours in Africa are always a great adventure! The roads are challenging, infrastructure is sparse and the cultures are very different to the European ones. Food is tasty but also quite different to what you might be used to. Africa, nonetheless which region, is always worth a visit. And what could be better than exploring it on a motorcycle tour?
Our Tours in Africa
Horizonte Tours is the oldest and most experienced motorcycle touring company in Africa! When it comes to organized motorcycle tours in Africa,
we know all about it.
Horizonte Tours provides BMW motorbikes of the latest models and our BMW mechanics keep them in a perfect condition. Needless to say that all our bikes are insured by a decent international third party insurance policy.
Low seat hight, good handling on road, suitable for gravel.
Best for gravel, good handling, not heavy, high seat.
Good handling, recommended for riding with passenger.
Guided all inclusive motorcycle tours in Africa
The tour includes accomodation in double rooms in locally typical high quality hotels for all nights.
All the meals included: breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also included snacks and water on the road.
A van will follow us throughout the tour to solve any unforeseen event on the road: accident, illness, breackdown…
Our travelers speak for us ...
Got some questions?
Our head office address:
4401 Vaqueros, Salta, Argentina
Do you have any question?
Our Morocco motorcycle tours is suitable for any experienced motorbike rider. You should have a riding experience of at least 10.000 km altogether and some 2.000 km over the last year. Off-Road experience is not.
Starting and ending point of our Morocco motorcycle Tour is Malaga in Spain. There are daily flights from most European cities.
The tour begins with your arrival at the starting location. E.g. if the tour is dated 1.1.2025 – 10.1.2025, we meet in the evening of the 1st of January for briefing, handover of the motorbikes, welcome dinner, and you can catch a flight back on the 10th of January to fly back home.
You can take your flight back home on the date indicated as ending date. That is the day after the last riding day
It is recommended to get to the starting location one day earlier, we happily make a reservation for the room extension for you.
All the hotel nights with breakfast on the tour are included. Starting with the night of the meeting, handover of motorbikes and welcome dinner. Ending with the hotel night of the last riding day.
It is safe to travel in Morocco, especially the countryside where we spend most of the time. In the major cities you have to take care of pick pocketers and scams as everywhere, but no violent crimes are to be expected.
You will need decent riding gear, clothing for all kinds of weather and moderate temperatures, sun protection, personal items.
- Paperwork: It is necessary that you have a passport valid for at least another 6 months, a valid drivers license for big motorcycles, vaccination documents, credit card with min. 2.000 € credit for the guarantee deposit.
- Money: ATMs are found in bigger towns and cities. Credit cards are accepted in hotels, restaurants and bigger shops.
The official language are Arabic and French. English is understood and rudimentary spoken in Hotels, Restaurants and other touristic locations. Anywhere else you would need to speak and understand French to communicate.
- Health insurance: You need an international health insurance that does not exclude motorcycling. It has to cover any possible hospitalisation, surgery, medicine and/or repatriation costs.
- Vaccination: There are no obligations for vaccinations.
- COVID 19: Travel rules due to the Covid 19 Pandemic are different from country to country and are changing frequently. With an internationally accepted vaccination proof it is possible to travel in most countries lately.